Thursday, May 31, 2007

summer grillin'

Tonight we grilled kabobs for the first time. These ones happened to be chicken and they turned out YUMMY. The marinade was simple but very good. You could do just veggies I think or substitute pork for chicken.

Marinade: 1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/3 c. honey
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp (or so) fresh, minced garlic

I cut a few (like 9-10) chicken breast tenderloins into bite-sized pieces and used mushrooms and green peppers for the veggies. I wanted red pepper but alas, my local Wal-Mart had none and I was short on time. Same with cherry tomatoes. (Yes, we do live in Hickville!) Chunks of onion would be good too.

Kabobs will definitely be on our summer grill list this year. Last summer (or maybe 2 summers ago) we grilled pizza for the first time. Way good. Now, if I could just make dessert on the grill - I wouldn't have to turn the oven on at all!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Mmmm..grilling is one of my favorite parts about summer.

Thanks for the read recommendation. I'm off to check out the book. :-)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Try grilling pineapple as a kabob and then drizzle chocolate syrup over it- dessert with no oven. ;)