Wednesday, May 30, 2007

multi-tasking

Multi-tasking is an awesome capability. Don't you agree? Right now I am:

  • printing 400 postcards to mail to our town inviting all young children to Avalanche Ranch in a couple weeks.
  • reading "Soul Cravings".... have I mentioned that I really, really like Erwin McManus?
  • listening to my girlies play, um....well, play some sort of 'pretend' house, store, church, library....I'm not sure
  • and basking in IHOP worship - glancing up now and then to look at the amazing camera action due to their new partnership with GOD TV. Cool.

The latest thought I'm pondering from "Soul Cravings"?

"Most of us want God to fix every wrong choice we make without taking from us our right to choose wrongly. We want to make God into our own personal pooper-scooper following right behind us, cleaning up our mess..."

Galatians 6:7 has been rolling around in me for quite awhile now. Here it is from the Amplified version,

"Do not be deceived and deluded and misled; God will not allow Himself to be sneered at (scorned, disdained, or mocked by mere pretensions or professions, or by His precepts being set aside.) [He inevitably deludes himself who attempts to delude God.] For whatever a man sows, that and that only is what he will reap."

2 comments:

reallyniceday said...

I like that, "He who inevitably deludes himself who attempts to delude God." How profound.

Girlies sound like they all multitask well, too. :)

Chelle said...

That quote really says it like it is!

I'm not sure how I'd mother if I couldn't multitask. Sounds like your girls are learning how to also.