Thursday, May 03, 2007

be wise and consider

On my quest to read through the Bible chronologically this year, I'm bouncing between 2 Samuel, 1 Chronicles and Psalms. It's really fascinating to read the Psalms David wrote in connection with where he was at in life.

Today I read Psalm 106 & 107. They recount God's leading the Israelites through their journey to the Promised Land. How they followed God but then 'soon forgot what he had done'. (ps. 106:13) How they exchanged the awesomeness of following the true and living God for following an animal that eats grass. (that's a pretty sobering thought, eh? ps. 106:30) Basically the ebb and flow of humanity turning to God, then turning away from Him.

What really struck me was the last verse of chapter 107.

"Whoever is wise, let him heed these things and consider the great love of the Lord."


Yes, let me be wise and consider....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great verse! That reminds me of a verse I read last night. Mark 13:37
...And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!”

Wow!

ConservaChick said...

You wrote "How they followed God but then 'soon forgot what he had done'. Sometimes I think this verse is the theme of my life! Thanks for the reminder.