Friday, April 06, 2007

this Man

When the weekend looks busy, this gal....goes on a date. Well that's the plan. In my future gaze of in-laws tomorrow, my family on Sunday and Monday and lots of food, kids and candy - I am looking forward to a night of peace with My Beloved for a few hours tonight...hopefully.

Not that I don't enjoy fellowshipping my brains out but I crave peace with my husband as well. And it helps me keep my sanity when my world is....um, really LOUD.

So today begins the Easter festivities prep. Boil LOTS of eggs, color a few less eggs (minus the ones for deviled eggs), bake a carrot cake, throw ingredients for Soft Pillow Dinner Rolls (heavenly!) into the breadmaker, thaw the ham, and CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN - like the toilets, kissesfromheaven. :o) We host My Beloved's parents and brother's family (of 5) tomorrow....the small group. My girls always enjoy hanging out with (read: tormenting) their boy cousins.

On Sunday following the service, we'll head 'home' to my family. That's the big group. My parents, grandparents, aunt & uncle and 8 (of 9) siblings, plus a bro-in-law and their adorable son. Throw a few pets in that mix and wowsers, that's a crowd!

So, why the crowds, why the food, why the festivities? It's all because of a Man - who is God. Who came to my planet - though His is soooo much better. A Man who came, yes to save the world, but who did it in a most unusual way - He died, willingly. A Man, who after He died, conquered the grave and with it sin and sickness and all that oppressive stuff. A Man who loved me 100% in my sin and because of that, woos me daily to want to please Him, to bring glory to Himself. I cannot fathom the mystery of this Man, though I try. I want to know Him. I crave to know this Man. And because of this, I surround myself with friends and family. Some may know Him, some may not. It is my honor to show the love of this Man for humanity. God, give me grace to walk in that Love this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reply to my question. I appreciate your thoughts.

Shari

Mary said...

Ya gotta love those clean toilets! Ya know, with all those people there, you might just be able to sneak out and no one would know. You could come my way for dessert. HA!

How my heart aches with passion for this Man. Blessed celebration.

Nen said...

yes, my toilet is clean... and guess what? In an odd way I got my heart's desire... Passover somewhere else, other than my house, because Thaddeus has a tummy bug... is that good or bad? :)