Wednesday, April 11, 2007

giving thanks on my birthday....

I'm so thankful for...

~My First Beloved, whose love is a mystery to me. I'm so grateful for the life He's given me - it's so abundantly more than I could've hoped or dreamed...and I'm a dreamer.

~My Beloved, who is the earthly picture of My First Beloved. He loves me overwhelmingly and does his task of taking care of me with excellence.

~my 3 little princesses. They melt my heart -right after they set me on fire :o). I am so blessed by watching (and helping) them find Jesus in this life.

~the church body that God has entrusted to us. God has blessed us with a great church family that takes good care of their pastors - not always a normal thing.

~the home that God graced My Beloved to build for me. I love hosting gobs of company and we actually have the room for it.

~caffeine - in the form of coffee! It relaxes my soul and gives me the stamina to maintain a thriving ministry life.

~our new little kitty, Jane. Though I protested her coming to live with us, she has brought the medicine of laughter to my life many times.


These are just the beginning because I do really think I am God's favorite ;o). (and so are you!)


Psalm 1:1-3
Blessed (happy, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks
and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes],
nor stands in the path where sinners walk, not sits down where the scornful gather.

But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law
(the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates
(ponders and studies) by day and night.

And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water,
ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; it's leaf also shall not fade or wither;
and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].

7 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday dear friend! I pray that God would kiss you from heaven today, a kiss beyond your dreams. :) You are an awesome woman of God that carries His sweet fragrance. Have a precious day! Love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for your birthday also! You're a great friend and a wonderful (super)woman of God! Be blessed today!

Nen said...

happy birthday girlie...

thanks for your constant God uplifting words and good laughs...

Gayle said...

Happy Birthday! Your hospitality shines through in your blog too! I love stopping by because it feels like I've had a good chat with a friend and have come away with a few giggles and lots of food for thought.

Have a great day,

Gayle

Trina said...

Hi there!! I remembered that we shared this birthday. That was one of the first pieces of info I stored in my head about you. So here I am to say, "I hope you have a really wonderful day, and I have been thinking about you off and on today!"

Chelle said...

Happy Birthday! Your passion for God shines through your blog. You're a blessing to all of us here in cyberspace.

Have a blessed day!

Chelle said...

Just wanted to let you know that I've tagged you with a "Thinking Blogger" award. Stop by to see what it's all about. :-)