Wednesday, March 28, 2007

smiling in my spirit

Things that made me smile in my spirit today....

My 3 year old singing "Fire, fall down, Fire, fall down, On us we pray" as she went about her day.

My middle daughter's note to me. It was to my first name (not 'mom') with a big heart that said, in true Kindergarten phonetic spelling, 'I am sorry for [dis]obeying. Will you forgive me?'

This actually happened yesterday - My oldest daughter came out of school with a big grin. "I became a Math Master today!" This is a big deal because to become a Math Master in 3rd grade you have to memorize your times tables to 12. She began working on her times tables in February and at that time she prayed that she would achieve the goal by the end of March. God helped her do it - before the end of March!

Moments like these remind me of what an honor it is to raise children for the glory of the King. God, pour out Your grace and wisdom on this weak, selfish, foolish and often tired, mamma. I so need You.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

It's so easy sometimes to see our weakness, not so easy to see the good stuff that's happening. Sounds like you're doing a great job with the girls! Congrats to your math master, that "forgive me" note was just sweet, and I LOVE the three-year old singing. So cute.