Monday, February 12, 2007

various thoughts

So, last night was our church's Valentine's Banquet. It was a nice evening. We ventured out to a semi-famous (atleast in our state) restaurant for a really good dinner. We gave away a few little goofy valentine's themed gifts from Wal-Mart and the book "The Five Love Languages". I had the couples take a short 5 love languages quiz and then taught briefly about that. Most exciting, I had bought a new dress to wear! Fun.

Tonight my 6 year old was reading from John 4. It really is amazing how Jesus responded to the woman at the well when she said, "I have no husband". His response was so awesomely gracious and merciful. I would have harshly responded and called her a liar, yet He takes her half-true answer and says she answered truly. Only our Savior could have had that perspective. His gracious response is what leads her to see Him as who He really is. So cool.

This week's schedule is fairly tame. We'll have our second annual Family Valentine's Dinner on Wednesday. The family dinner thing was started last year - I think we couldn't get a sitter or something. I'll make a nice pasta dinner and we'll eat by candlelight. My Beloved and I each have things for the girls, including love notes from mommy. It was a really sweet time last year that the girls remembered and asked if we were doing again this year. I'm not so sentimental that I can't wait for an evening out with My Beloved for another night, so this works out good. Though, I did point out some little things at Starbuck's that I told him would make great Valentine's gifts. ;o)

Enjoying an evening at home tonight. So nice. I even did some cleaning in my daughters' bedroom. It's not totally de-cluttered but atleast the clutter is organized. Now I should get some reading done - maybe finish 'Provocations'......

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Your family Valentine's dinner sounds so nice! We always buy a few things for the kids. Gifts is Emily's love language, though the boys like getting them too. :-)

Anonymous said...

If said friend finishes Provocations would that friend be willing to lend it to another said friend who still has the online version?