Tuesday, February 06, 2007

buncha thoughts

I was going to do a 'things I love' post but instead it's just going to be a buncha thoughts thrown together....nothing really different.

My 3 year old daughter was praying tonight. I love watching her pray. She flails her head around sorta like Stevie Wonder at the piano. It's great. I once chided her about her prayers...."bless dad to have fun at work, bless the girls to have fun at school, bless me to have fun at storytime and bless mom to stay home." How come Mom just has to stay home? Now she prays that I have fun taking her to storytime....what an adventurous life I lead, eh?

I made a killer snack today. Once again including mini vanilla wafers. It was a parfait - with the minis, sliced bananas and whip cream. Mmmmm.

I'm trying to put together a short teaching for our annual Valentine's Dinner this Sunday evening. I'm talking about the "Five Love Languages" but I thought I oughta include some scripture. As I was flipping through the pages of the Epistles, I came across a favorite passage...

Colossians 4:5-6 "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."

I think this is why we 'do church' the way we do. And that part about conversation being always full of grace? Yeah, I need minute by minute help with that one.

My 8 year old daughter's school play was tonight. I'm going to be singing the phrase, "...blast off to a great adventure, blast off to outer space...." all night long. Yay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh...storytime! Very adventurous. My children think it's wonderful to go to the grocery store, especially if we get really daring and stop by the *gasp* bakery for cookies. Oh, the excitement!

I am a big fan of the Love Languages series. I love how that verse you found pulls it all together. Good stuff.

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Oooh, girl, I know what you mean about needing my speech to be full of grace....ugh!
That mini-vanilla wafer dessert sounds pretty good right about now when I am starving and have no food in the house...:)