Monday, January 08, 2007

puttin' away the pasta

My new phone arrived today! WooHoo. Actually, I'm pretty pumped about my new, flashy red phone. Only down side - I really don't get that many phone calls. Oh well.

In a week, our church begins a week-long time of focused prayer and fasting. Probably 2 prayer meetings a day....live worship.....worship via ihop.....no food.....no coffee, well maybe coffee. I'm asking Jesus what He'd have for me to do for Him during this time. And then the grace to pull through. I really do not enjoy taking food away from my flesh. I really love to eat....pretty much anything, but especially carbs - breads, pastas, - ya know the good stuff. Maybe I have a food addiction. Maybe I'm rambling......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God's ways are not our ways....no, they are better. Go with God.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the carb addiction. :-)

I noticed on your sidebar that you are reading "taking care of the me in mommy". I almost bought this book last week. How are you enjoying it?

Anonymous said...

I suggest if you're going off coffee to start praying now that your head doesn't explode the first three or four days. Maybe purchase the Ibuprofin in bulk?

javamamma said...

Rachelle,
I just started reading "taking care of the me in mommy" because I'm going to take our Mommeez Club (mother's support group) through it here soon. It's very good so far.

I had to force myself to start it because I'm kinda in a different mode (think Soren Keirkegaard - very DEEP) but I've found some great practical tips for myself and it will be a great book for my group. It's worth having.