Monday, January 01, 2007

in position

Mmmm, home, back in front of our fireplace. Nice. Just when I think our lives and schedule are so tweaked we will never recover - it's New Year's Day. Time to regroup, reorganize and rethink life as it is.

Forget resolutions for the YEAR - I have resolutions for the week. Balance the checkbook, pray that I didn't miss any bills due last week, find places for all the new stuff, do laundry, get kids situated to restart school, plan meals and grocery shop for 2 weeks.....the list continues in my head.

Actually, I do have a few goals for 2007. Nothing real strenuous or lofty, just some things I'd like to accomplish in the next months.

  • I always read through the Bible in the year - or atleast attempt to. This year, I'm going to go through the Bible in chronological order - never done that before.
  • I'd like to read C.S. Lewis', Chronicles of Narnia.
  • I'd like to assist my older 2 children in reading through the books of John and Proverbs. I also want to begin a new nightly ritual, asking them this question, "How were you a blessing to someone today?"
I imagine I'll come up with more in the next few days. We'll be having a time of prayer and fasting in a couple weeks, I'm sure God will define some goals for me then, as well.

I'm terribly excited about 2007. I believe God has some exciting things in store for the body of Christ this year. I want to be positioned to be a part of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Catching up since my return from Pennsylvania...
I am so with you about resolutions for the WEEK! LOL I have a list a mile long of what I need to accomplish in the next few days, so that I'm in good position to have a productive "New Year" come next Monday when we hit the books. And here I sit, reading blogs, sigh!