Wednesday, December 13, 2006

what's with that

I am just 3 days away from having nearly 100 people traipse through my home. I'm very excited about this since I love having guests but before they come - there's much preparation to be done....like baking Christmas goodies for 100.

Yesterday was the big venture to Sam's Club to purchase massive bags of flour and sugar and the BIG carton of eggs. Now I all I have to do is turn on the oven, eh? Should be a fun next 72 hours.

I will probably be vacant from cyber-space til next week....unless I need to get away from the kitchen for a moment.

To all my friends over at hsb-er...I honestly have to been trying to catch up with ya'll but whatever changes they made on Sunday - my computer doesn't like. It's taken several minutes to actually open a page - or it doesn't open at all. The one I did get to, I tried to leave a comment and that page wouldn't open. What's with that? Anybody else having issues, or is it just me?

I'm off to tackle the biscotti.......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you please freeze me a sampler platter until we make it through? Actually, please don't. We'll be driving through on the 22nd/23rd probably around 1 am. for your sake and my hips I'll look forward to pics of your Christmas cheer. We're leaving AFTER our Intro party on the 22nd, like 10pm. Here's to 4am arrivals!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what they did to hsb'er but I am not liking it...and I've heard from several other people that we are not the only ones having problems. Half the time I can't log on and when I can it takes forever!

We have been baking this week too. I usually bring most of the goodies to my mom's gathering, and we give a lot away. I love biscotti, but have never made it.

Unknown said...

wow - sounds like you are embarking on a great adventure! sure hope you post some pictures for us to enjoy !!
Robin

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!! I am having a very bad time with HSB. They say my password isn't valid, pages take forever, and many don't even work. How is that when things are to be "improved" they are worse. Hopefully they will get it all straightened out very soon. Hope you have a great party!!
:>Michelle
ok for some reason my password isn't working here either aaahhhh:)
5 in a row

Anonymous said...

Hi Dani,

It sounds like you are baking up a storm. I finished today. I made 22 or 23 kinds of cookies and 2 kinds of fudge. I am tired LOL. I am selling 75 dozen cookies, so that was my incentive, but I went way overboard.

I don't know what HSB was thinking, but I am not liking their changes. And my computer doesn't like them either. It takes FOREVER to load a page and I have fast internet. It almost isn't worth it. I don't have time to visit blogs when the pages don't open, kwim?

It was nice catching up on your blog~Kelly

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great fun! I hope you had a great time with all your guest.

I am having a hard time with the hsblogger site too. Not fun. Maybe it is God's way of saying it is time to take a break. (at least that is what I am doing or I get to frustrated.)

Enjoy the Holidays!