Tuesday, March 17, 2009

a story in the making

So, a week ago my husband gave his resignation to our congregation here in Farm Town. It's quite a story and I won't share it all now, but hopefully I will take the time to blog it sometime - it's a good God-story!

We will be here until June 1 but then are taking this part-time traveling ministry to the next level. We will be re-locating - actually back to my hometown, wince we came from 4 years ago. We have been given a small apartment to live in rent-free so we can focus on the mission at hand. Taking the revolutionary power of Jesus to the U.S. and the world. {first stop: Ireland in June!}

We're extremely excited and have been anticipating this season for a while now. But there is a down side, it's leaving a beautiful group of people we have been doing life with for 4 years now. Our season here has been wonderful and a definite season of the Lord, for this congregation and for us. I'm thankful we're just moving down the road 3 hours and grateful that the planet has become so small in recent times ~ Facebook will be a huge blessing!

There's so much more to share as this is the very short bottom line of it all - hopefully soon. And while I'm at it, here's a couple more changes soon to come....

I will probably also be transitioning out of Blogger and over to Vox ~ with just one blog.

And we will take up our 'homeschool family' status once again. Traveling seems to be easier that way!

6 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Wow! You weren't kidding when you said that you'd be downsizing in many ways. Congratulations on your new focus. I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for you. Blessings during your transition. Now I'm headed over to bookmark your Vox site.

ConservaChick said...

I'll have to check out your new blog so I can keep up to date with all the excitement! How do the kiddos feel about it? Our pastor just resigned to become a missionary.... must be going around or something ( :

Anonymous said...

how very VERY exciting!! :) I am just so thrilled for you both, and for your girls... to do this TOGETHER as a family. AWESOME!! :)

Can't wait to hear more of all God is doing...

javamamma said...

The kids are happy/sad. Going back to NP- they have friends and family and are familiar with life there. Of course, they've made friends here and love their school. But they do want to homeschool. It's bittersweet, even for them.

Christin said...

WOAH! that's all I can say.

I'm off to bookmark your One and Only blog!!

Kimmie said...

Wow, that is a big announcement.

Congratulations and happy packing.
Your other blog looks great. I totally can relate to Gideon...I have a little bit of 'fearful-whiner' in me too.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted