Thursday, January 01, 2009

passing into 2009

Our New Year's Eve was fairly uneventful. Some people from church planned a game night, which we're not really into but since it was the kids' last night to see some friends who were visiting, we went over for about an hour and a half. I turned on IHOP - the prayer room- and read.

We came home about 10pm, when I was expecting the worship to start at 'onething' - to no avail. Not having been a part of the conference this year, I couldn't really get into the chatter and commitments and all. I just wanted to worship. Then the webcast started buffering, think CD skipping, not fun. Then just when they really started to worship at 'onething', the webcast switched back to the prayer room. Talk about stop and start, stop and start.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the kids had all pooped out about 11-ish. Mitch and I sat together talking into the New Year, mainly about our vague goals for this next year. It's obvious that we are in a time of transition and we just want what the Father has planned for us to do to glorify Him.

For me, my resolution at this point, is to write down all our dreams, thoughts and prophetic promises and pray over them like crazy. And I have a goal to fit back comfortably in my jeans. Those donuts I made this morning? That's all I'm eating for the next 2 weeks. :)

Here's a few snapshots of our last 2 hours of 2008...




me and my Bird


this little Bug is usually the first to crash - as was the case last night





This Girlfriend is fading fast



And this is from Christmas. Didn't I marry a hottie?


Happy New Year, all! I pray that you journey with our Jesus in 2009!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year javamamma...

I tried with the OneThing as well... pretty interrupted it was. Nevermind.

May the Spirit give you clarity as you seek Him.

ConservaChick said...

It's so fun to see your pictures! You are gorgeous... you know that right?