Thursday, November 20, 2008

this is not it

Posting from home today. I really need a shower but here I sit, sipping hot tea and typing away. I thought I'd post the theme scripture of this past weekend.....

It came out first at the Pastor's Lunch on Friday. A guy from the Bethel team had received a text from his brother the night before. Leviticus 26:3-13. Long story made short. This text was sent by the brother ONCE - it came to his phone over 200 times in the course of the 3 day conference. A half hour after the last meeting ended, his phone was flooded with all the texts he did not receive all weekend because THE ONLY ONE he got was the Leviticus one. Again, the brother only sent it once but it came over 200 times. Supernatural? Uh, yeah.

So, obviously God was speaking. Here is Leviticus 26 (I'll start about 1/2 way through the above scriptures listed), which is awesome from any version but there's some things I especially like from The Message so here is that...


"...I'll give you My full attention: I'll make sure you prosper, make sure you grow in numbers, and keep my covenant with you in good working order. You'll still be eating from last year's harvest when you have to clean out the barns to make room for the new crops. I'll set up My residence in your neighborhood; I won't avoid you or shun you; I'll stroll through your streets. I'll be your God; you'll be My people. I am God, your personal God who rescued you from Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians. I ripped off the harness of your slavery so that you can move about freely...."


Pretty good stuff, huh? Another quote from the weekend, which is a core value at Bethel Church, is that God is good AND He's in a good mood. Imagine that. God is in a good mood.

Which really helps me in this thought I've had. Luke chapter 2 tells us that the angels cried out "Peace and Goodwill" when Jesus was born. That is, God declared (that through Jesus), peace and goodwill between humanity and Himself. I'm thankful to still be living in that season. And I want to grab hold of everything that He wants to pour out before this season is over. There is a day of judgement coming but this is not it.

1 comment:

cindy kay said...

I clicked over here from your comment on Honey-I-Fed-The-Kids (I guess I was curious about what your INactivity looked like...) and I discovered this post about the Naturally Supernatural conference last weekend. I'm stunned, because I was there. Were you actually there? (If you were, you may have seen me. I play the violin on the worship team.) My husband and I have threatened several times to come visit your church, after we met your husband at River of Life in St. Paul a while back. We may yet! And wasn't the conference great?