Thursday, December 27, 2007

and do nothing

Home again. I love coming home. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE going. But there's nothing like coming home. My own bed. My own kitchen. My own morning routine (or lack thereof). My own coffee pot. I love coming home.

Today I have succeeded in relaxing. Read: doing nothing. I dismantled and put away 2 gift sets...oh, maybe three. And fixed my family canned chicken noodle soup for lunch. Yeah, mostly nothing. It's after 3pm and My Beloved just left to the office. (He's been trying to leave since 10am) I have been longing to put away the overflow of gifts. But it's amazing how tiring doing nothing is. So I sit.

It was a good Christmas run. A time of family closeness with Mitch's side - interceding in prayer for a couple ill members of the family. And a meal and gifts. Then a whirlwind of activity with my side. Three gift unwrapping sessions and two major meals....in 24 hours. Then yesterday, 15 of us went bowling. Ages, not-2-yet up to my mom (dad was sleeping due to working the night shift). Fun times.

I have several things on the agenda to accomplish by Saturday but mostly I'm just going to sit. With my kids. And do nothing.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Dorothy couldn't have said it any better, "There's no place like home!" I rarely spend the night at family's houses because I just need MY bed way too much ;>)

I also know how tiring doing nothing is. I still have gifts left to get out of the boxes, let alone put away!

Kimmie said...

Three cheers for nothing...hip hip hurray!

Glad you got some relax time...your always on the go.


Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Anonymous said...

Here's to nothing! I love doing nothing, as long as I cen keep my never ending "to do list" off my mind!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I hear ya girl. I am accomplishing the vegetative state quite well myself. Welcome home, glad you had a great Christmas.
Oh, and I LOVE the family pic below...beautiful bunch that you are.