Wednesday, July 18, 2007

ah-ha!

Wow. I just stumbled on a verse that I've never noticed before but it's my heart's theme and now I have scripture to resonate with it.

"Your name and renown are the desire of our hearts."
Isaiah 26:8b


renown: a state of being widely acclaimed and highly honored : FAME

Following my discovery, I chatted with My Beloved on the phone and shared this with him. He then shared with me a musing he's had....

To know Him and make Him known


We're not sure if he made this up or heard it somewhere but we're identifying with it. In fact, I think our church just found itself a slogan/mission statement and a key verse! So cool.




6 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

It makes me think of the song "...you are the Lord, the famous one, the famous one, great is your name in all the earth.." Not sure of the name or the group, but it's in my head now.

Thanks for popping over for a visit. I'm impressed that you keep up with 3 blogs! I have a hard enough time keeping one current. Have a great Wednesday!

Amber said...

I love when the LORD guides you to places in the Bible, sometimes it just where you need to be. Thanks for sharing:D

God Bless,
Amber

Anonymous said...

Way cool!

Shari

JoAnna said...

And reminds me of the song "Single Minded":

Single minded
Whole hearted
One thing I ask

That I would gaze upon Your beauty, O Lord
That I would I would seek Your holy face
That I would know You in an intimate way
And follow after You all of my days

All of life
Comes down to just one thing
That's to know You, Jesus
And make You known

Mary said...

Love the word from Isaiah! Resonate reminds me of David in the Psalms how
his writings resonate with the music from heaven.
To know Him and make Him known is a slogan the YWAM uses.
Thanks for the word today.
Blessings,
Pastor Mike

javamamma said...

So that's where it came from! Another 'ah-ha!'