Thursday, March 22, 2007

not just idle words

I passed my daily coffee quota hours ago, yet here I sit with yet another cup of coffee in hand and a couple (OK, a couple times a few!) Girl Scout Thin Mints. I'm relishing the moment. Daddy and girls are playing ball outside while it's still light. I'm finally caught up with my bible reading - that quest to get through in a year, ya know. Selah.

I just finished up Deuteronomy. Lo and behold, revelation can be found in these books of Law. Here's a few random thoughts from the last few chapters.

28:7 - I love that the enemy comes from one direction but scatters in 7. (The barbarian in me growls.)

28:29 - A curse is that [you] will be unsuccessful in everything you do....so, unbeknownst to some believers that means success really is a blessing. We're actually created to succeed....even in the size and outreach of a church? (sense the sarcasm in my tone?)

28:65 - '...an anxious mind, eyes weary with longing, and a despairing heart...' Nothing describes this generation better, eh?

30:4 - "Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back." The vast love of our God astounds me again.

32:47 - The words of our King are not just idle words - they are my life!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Mmmmmm...the Word of God, even in Deuteronomy....brings life to me. Thanks for you awesome insights. Also, what's your daily coffee quota?? Love ya!

javamamma said...

My daily coffee quota? I'm not sure but a latte, 3 cups at mommeez group, another this afternoon from Casey's, plus one after supper - definitely surpassed it. :o)

Chelle said...

Thanks for sharing those fabulous insights. What a great way to start my day!

I'm always amazed by the number of Christians who seem to equate success with self-pride, or sin or whatever.

Loved 30:4. So incredible.