Friday, January 19, 2007

a little looser

So the 'amen' section arrives. Funny how I have to explain myself a couple times before my true meaning is made clear. Call me a bad communicator - which is true - but I'm trying to grow in this area. Also call me a fool because this verse I read within 12 hours of my last post cut me to the heart.

Proverbs 18:2 "A fool...delights in airing his own opinions." Youch, God , do you have to be so clear with me? Sigh.

So what's done is done and behind me - and it was all true anyway, just foolishness.

I read this quote this morning which I have read before in probably either "Grace-Based Parenting" or "Jesus, Mean and Wild" - I'm not sure. Anyhow it's good and I always think of my kids when I hear it.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

I think of a friend who's recently married daughter is moving several hours away for her new husband's new job. It's hard to see your kids go, I'm sure. But I'm asking God to also make it very exciting and pour out gallons of grace so it's not so hard in the years when it's my turn to 'let go'.

Our church's time of seeking is going well. Every night of prayer has been different. One night was a lot of intercession, especially for the younger generation and families. Last night was very 'weighty' - I don't know how else to describe it. A very sacred time.

You usually don't see any kind of rewards of fasting while you actually are fasting. We're praying for clear vision for 2007 to unfold in the weeks that follow. One reward I have seen this week though, call me shallow, is my pants fit a little looser. Bless God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Proverbs always has a way of smacking me upside the head. Kind of like getting a "time-out" from God. LOL

Love the quote. You've peaked my interest in your reading material. I'm going to have to track some of these books down!